ICTAP Eligibility Information
DISPLACED EMPLOYEES REQUESTING
SPECIAL SELECTION PRIORITY CONSIDERATION UNDER THE
INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANISITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (ICTAP)
If you are a displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special selection priority under the ICTAP. The following categories of candidates are considered displaced employees:
- Current or former career or career-conditional (tenure group 1 or 2) competitive service employees who 1) received a specific RIF separation notice; or 2) separated because of a compensable injury or illness, whose compensation has been terminated and whose former agency certifies that it is unable to place them; or 3) retired with a disability and whose disability annuity has been or is being terminated; or 4) upon receipt of a RIF separation notice retired on the effective date of the RIF and submits a Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) that indicates "Retirement in lieu of RIF"; or 5) retired under the discontinued service retirement option; or 6) was or will be separated because he/she declined a transfer of function or directed reassignment to another commuting area.
- Former Military Reserve or National Guard Technicians who are receiving a special Office of Personnel Management disability retirement annuity under Section 8337(h) or 8456 of Title 5 United States Code.
To receive this priority consideration, you MUST:
- Apply for a position at or below the grade level of the position from which you were or will be separated and that does not have a greater promotion potential than the position from which you were or will be separated.
- Apply for a position in the same local commuting area from which you were or will be separated.
- Submit a copy of the appropriate documentation, such as a RIF separation notice, certificate of expected separation, an SF-50 stating you were separated by RIF, or a letter from OPM or your agency documenting your priority consideration status, with your application package.
- Submit your current (or last) performance rating of record, which must be at least fully successful or equivalent.
- Provide all required information specified in the vacancy announcement, e.g., SF-50s, performance appraisals, transcripts, etc. Failure to comply with ALL the instructions in the vacancy announcement will result in loss of priority consideration for the vacancy.
- File your application by the vacancy announcement closing date.
- Be rated "Well-Qualified" for the position. To be considered well-qualified, you must earn a score of 85 based upon the rating criteria established for this position.