- Chinese Reading/Writing test for Consular Adjudicators - is it in pinyin or hanzi?
Candidates can choose either traditional or simplified Chinese characters for the reading portion of the exam. There is no use of pinyin in the test.
- What are the components of the oral assessment for Consular Adjudicators?
The FSOA for Consular Adjudicators will consist of three parts:
- What are the duties of a Consular Adjudicator?
Basic duties may include the following:
- What are the language tests for Consular Adjudicators? How do find my results?
- What are the salaries for Consular Adjudicators?
Consular Adjudicators ARE afforded salary matching within the appropriate hiring grade, up to step 14.
- What should I expect on Interview day for Consular Adjudicators?
WRITING EXERCISE: The writing exercise will pose small scenarios that require not only writing skills but also a thoughtful response to solving the problem posed. You need to be able to write on deadline, address the issue and do so within the space limits set. Substance, as well as grammar, and organization will matter and the assessors will be looking at the criteria outlined in the vacancy announcement in evaluating this exercise, as well as the subsequent ones. You may find the description of the writing exercise of the generalists on our website helpful. Practice writing on a topic in a limited time period might also be useful.